1) Neo-pessimism is monism: the mono-tonal subjectivation of a passively received a-tonal world.
2) Neo-pessimism is not « cosmic » pessimism. Cosmic pessimism is a contradiction in terms: https://t.co/Rl9zcLT3Uu
3) Neo-pessimism is pseudo-scientism, it mobilises no real scientific knowledge of physics or biology just an antiquated « sciency » worldview.
4) Neo-pessimism is 50 identical shades of black.
5) Neo-pessimism has a continuist view of history, history without the event: there are no discontinuities, there are no ruptures.
6) For neo-pessimism, all history is non-history: history ended before it began.
7) Neo-pessimism is a-speculative realism. It has renounced speculation while retaining a nostalgic realism.
8) Neo-pessimism groups all the incommensurabilities of multiple worlds into one big mega-incommensurability, and so is a homogenising force.
9) Neo-pessimism finds the world « unthinkable ». This is what Wittgenstein called a philosophical cramp.
10) Neo-pessimism is no friend of Gaia, but of terra-forming. It remakes the Earth in its own image.