1) LITERARY PHENOMENOLOGY OF A SCIENTIFIC PHENOMENON. In this very interesting post by Christopher Watkin, we have a philosophical response to the coronavirus epidemic as envisioned through a reading of Camus’ THE PLAGUE.
2) PARADIGM CHANGE. Particularly useful is his emphasis on the imposed necessity of traversing in rapid succession a series of paradigm changes that radically reframe our apprehension.
3) PARADIGM STASIS: Humanities. This response is in stark contrast to reactions like those of Agamben, who sees no reason to change his paradigm. See his « Clarifications« .
4) PARADIGM STASIS: Sciences. I have already commented on this video by an expert (Wolfgang Wodarg) debunking other experts. Its message is: no paradigm-change here.
5) INCLUDED THIRD. We are suffering from a bad syzygy between the Two Cultures. The Real knows no such divide. Biological disruption (like geoclimatic disruption) relays and intensifies economic and social disruption.
6) TRANSCORONA LANDSCAPES. Kim Stanley Robinson is a good example of such an included third. His novel THE YEARS OF RICE AND SALT is a good text to accompany us through the changing conceptual, scientific, and political landscape of transcorona pathways.